Tuesday 3 July 2012

Seaside

I want to thank everyone for all the amazing comments again last week.They are always so encouraging. There are already some amazing tags uploaded and I'm looking forward to seeing what other great works appear over the next week


The base is corrugated card that I covered in glue then sand from the sandbox in my garden. The characters are acetate. I don't know where I heard/read about using acetate but I just had to try it. I printed a load of seaside clipart images onto an acetate sheet then coloured/outlined them just with some fine sharpie pens and then cut around them (close-ups herewww.flickr.com/photos/65345361@N02/7489912004/in/photostr...)
 The small one at bottom, right, says 'Kiss Me Kwik' 

I also printed a frame of starfish onto another piece of acetate to use as a top tag cover (see here www.flickr.com/photos/65345361@N02/7489801478/in/photostream). I stuck the pictures to the sand with some small glue dots and the frame sheet is simply attached with a button through the tag loop of 'invisible' thread

I used thread because I couldn't think what else to use,
so suggestions for future use are most welcome

Mo

17 comments:

  1. Wow! How lovely and inventive is this? Fabulous tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great - and how inventive using real sand! Perfect!
    Decorative brads (or split-pins) are a great way of attaching acetate to backgrounds if that is what you were wanting suggestions for - not sure if I got the right end of the stick with what you were asking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Susie & Diana for your lovely exclamations :D
    I was thinking more of the tag 'ribbon' Diana. I couldn't think of what would 'go' with this theme or my tag, so I just used my 'invisible' thread. Thanks again :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever! Love the real sand effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and original tag! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever, wish I had thought of real sand! Great tag x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! Love the contrast between the sand and the shiny acetate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey you have been busy with those little print outs Mo great little images and ideas to your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Job Mo - you will be working with shrink plastic in no time! You asked for suggestions - the button is a great way to attach the acetate but you could thread a long piece of embroidery thread through it and either knot it or tie a small bow in it on the front of the button for added interest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all so very much for your encouraging remarks :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were very clever with that background Mo and your trick with the actetate. Great stuff.
    Lynn and the Doodly Birds x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How original, love the starfish

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mo, love the contrast between the sand and acetate, the sand on the corrugated cardboard works really well. How about using some seaweed for a tie? Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all very much, I really appreciate all your comments.
    Good idea Jane! On the back of that, I could use green ric-rac, cos it looks like seaweed huh? hehe :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a clever background! Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab idea to use real sand...a clever little tag!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The acetate images are a great idea - I like the way you have done the background too - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/