Monday, 20 August 2012

Phantom of the Opera

Moan moan moan, lol, I am getting frustrated with not having a printer or all my supplies here at the cottage. Sob sob. I knew this month would be very challenging for me. I resorted to flicking through a stack of 1910s JE SAIS TOUT magazines for inspiration, and finally found an ad for the Phantom of the Opera. Phew. I wanted to create a theatre stage kind of setting for the ad, so I made some ( very crude ) curtains. I also chose to mostly go with dark colours, I thought it suited the Phantom best. Black almost sheer fabric for the curtains, black lace, black embellishment.

Curtains drawn -



Curtains open - 



Toodlepip xxx

11 comments:

  1. Pretty tag, love the colours. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my fav. shows, I am going (yet again) in October. A very clever tag using the supplies you have, brilliant! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the working theatre curtains. That pink trim is fabulously opulent makes the perfect pelmet (who know how to spell this - not my Mac apparently!!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever to work this from limited supplies. Just show's you're an artist ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful and creative tag from your limited supplies, I love the contrast of the black and pink trims, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great atmospheric tag - it just reminds me of the theatre, Her Majesty's, where I saw the Phantom of the Opera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great look with the curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tag with such excellent color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so clever! I love the miniature curtains. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!