Thursday, 13 September 2012

Autumn Fruits and Berries

HI Everyone!
I have made a tag of seed heads this week. Strictly speaking, I don't know if seed heads count as fruit or berries, but they do seem in keeping with the theme and very autumnal.
I have a bit of a thing about seed heads, and love the shapes and textures they have. I often take photos of them and work from them. You can see some of my seed head photos on my blog here.
For this week's tag I have used a clothing tag (from one of my sons again), which I covered in masking tape. This was painted with walnut ink, as it seemed appropriate and I wanted to convey the idea of wood. Using a seed head stamp I stamped onto orange crepe paper, which I tore before sticking for greater texture.


Now I am off to look at your tags! Can't wait!

18 comments:

  1. Love it! These textures are right up my rustic alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, those seed heads are gorgeous! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to use masking tape. I really like the whole effect you've achieved here :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seed heads too, love your autumnal colours and the textures you have achieved, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely - the tape works brilliantly and I love the effect of the ink on it. The seed heads are fab and I love the torn edges - very autumnal and rustic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like what you've done this week Jane and you've made me think about the washi tapes I have. Will go and dig them out.
    Lynn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must agree with you Jane, seed heads are beautiful, I often have a jar fiull instead of flowers in the Autumn. Your tag really captures the beauty. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the distressed look that you achieved. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love seed heads and have several variations on this stamp. This is a lovely tag - fab idea for the background! Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the rustic look of your creation..Lovely tag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great textures, and the orange crepe paper works really well as a background for the delicate seed heads.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous colours and textures - what a brilliant idea to use the masking tape that way and stamping on crepe paper - fab!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great innovative tag. The colours are perfect too.

    Fond regards

    Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely and rustic. I like the tag background. It does look just like wooden planking. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely tag Jane nice composition and effects :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea to use the masking tape. It has a look of bark. I love seed heads too - Dandelion clocks are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like this tag - its autumnal textures & tones are great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like this tag - its autumnal textures & tones are great.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!