Tuesday 18 September 2012

Owls

Good Morning One and All
Thank you for all your very kind comments again last week. It is so nice to have such genuine encouragement; I really appreciate it all so much *hug*
I finished this tag on Sunday, it just came to me in a flash and off I flew. Woohoo! Wish they were all so forthcoming. (should that be 'Toowit-WooHoo!'?)......... 
Sorry ;) 
Here it is:


I covered a tag with some pages from an old dictionary and added just a wee bit of Antique Linen DI, (only a wee bit as the pages were quite yellow anyway). I found the owl and books image on Google and coloured it with promarkers. The letter beads were white which I coloured with a gold promarker and the owl bead is fastened on with some wire which I corkscrewed to hold the bead in place. The string tie was a lovely bright white which I didn't want so I squished it onto the antique linen DI pad to colour it. (Grungy fingers are clean again) 
I'm looking forward to seeing all the wonderful art you post here again this week and I hope it's a fabulous one for you all - ttfn - :0) x

ps -  I can still smell the strawberries on last weeks tag. Yum :-D  And I chose an Autumnal red for my font this week; it's so nice to have the chance for a play about when one doesn't have a personal blog, hehe. Thanks for indulging me ;) x

19 comments:

  1. Lovely tag, a wise old dictionary owl! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I like it! great little tag Mo I like all the elements you have used the fit together perfectly in this little studious tag, great background and I like that little button up top. Isn't it nice when you get the idea for a theme from the word go and you don't have to struggle with it :) I have had the opposite for a while now but hopefully that's changing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Like the book page background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha wonderful Mo, I knew it was you as I started scrolling down the page. See youve been using your new promarkers. Think I will have to get a gold one, I didnt know they did them.
    Love your tag and write up my friend.
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a lovely, cute tag - I love the image you found and the background works really well with it.
    The little dangly owl is so cute too - I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very lovely tag, love the pile of books he is sitting on! It is very pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag, very cohesive and I love the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag.. fabulous design.. love it!!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very cute owl:-) I especially love the dictionary background - makes for a very wise owl as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great combination of different elements to make a wonderful tag - the dictionary background is such a clever way to create a wise setting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the little owl you added to the bottom. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous owl and I love the way you've done the books :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely tag with a great owl, love that your owl sits on some books.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabby tag Mo! love your little collection of owls...especially the sweet little one hanging of the bottom :)... brilliant background too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great autumn colours, even the red font of your post. Lovely to see different styles of owls on one tag, love the little one dangling on the bottom, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful tag Mo. I see you have 'learn' on your dictionary pages for Mr Owl and his books and 'Craftsman' - that's you - love how you put this tag together. I want that bead!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the contrast between the three owls! The little one looks so serious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely fun tag. Great idea to use the book theme.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/