Saturday, 13 October 2012

Rainy Day.

I remembered that in my Sunbonnet Sue quilt block book there was a design with an umbrella so thought I could adapt it for a bit of paper piecing instead. The bit of lace just happened to be on my desk so used that as the hanging. The background paper was a freebie from a magazine and all the rest is snippets. Even the buttons are snippets! You know when you die cut flowers out you get the little circles from the centres? Well I keep those too!!!! Oh yes. Nothing wasted here so coloured them with a pro marker to match the umbrella and then glued them in place.

 
Finally a bit of glossy accents applied with a puddle at the bottom and here’s my finished tag.

14 comments:

  1. This is lovely..snippets and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, I remember doing a sunbonnet quilt for one of my girls. Love it in paper. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet I like the sunbonnet Sue patterns and what a lovely idea to do it in paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, that's so cute - love the glossy accent raindrops and puddle! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, this is so swEEt! The raindrops and puddle are just perfect :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute tag, and the glossy accents add the great finishing touch!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever idea. I remember those quilts very well. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunbonnet Sue is a favorite for me and this is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A sweet tag, love the raindrops, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww this is so sweet...love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty tag. Love the texture from the glossy accents.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!