Tuesday 20 November 2012

Brown/Sepia

Hello tag buddies,
Couldn't pass this theme up since it is one of my favorites.  And I didn't have to venture far to find the perfect items for my tag.  They are: a torn piece of paper from a Victorian scrapbook that I had stamped a bird on, spine from an old  songbook...I didn't know that underneath the cover I would find these music staffs, a page from an early shorthand textbook, and vintage-look washi tape.  I added grunge up the sides with a little Tim Holtz Tea Dye and Rusty Grunge.  The paper was so fragile that I attached it to a Sears and Roebuck tag leaving the original shape. Added some gauzy ribbon and.... viola...  something a little different.  I do so enjoy visiting tag creations.. I wish I was able to respond more often.  Please know I am an avid looker.LOL

Enjoy.  Beth

8 comments:

  1. This is so interesting! Where do you find things like shorthand textbooks and Victorian scrapbooks!? I want to thank you for your comment on my blog about "Fall Table" It is so appreciated. I am so fascinated by your work and am just entering the world of multiple layers with the journal pages at Fall Fearless and Fly. I have collected lots of stuff but still don't have a concept that comes to mind for doing many layers with whatever my design idea is about. It will come with practice ,I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the artsy feel to your vintage tag. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful use of what you found and the book spine must have been a treat to find. Fab tag! :0))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely tag and good use of materials found to hand. I love brown too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! A real show stopper here! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful artful tag Beth I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love this tag - really really cool :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely collection of interesting items brought together beautifully, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/