Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Brown/Sepia

Hello tag buddies,
Couldn't pass this theme up since it is one of my favorites.  And I didn't have to venture far to find the perfect items for my tag.  They are: a torn piece of paper from a Victorian scrapbook that I had stamped a bird on, spine from an old  songbook...I didn't know that underneath the cover I would find these music staffs, a page from an early shorthand textbook, and vintage-look washi tape.  I added grunge up the sides with a little Tim Holtz Tea Dye and Rusty Grunge.  The paper was so fragile that I attached it to a Sears and Roebuck tag leaving the original shape. Added some gauzy ribbon and.... viola...  something a little different.  I do so enjoy visiting tag creations.. I wish I was able to respond more often.  Please know I am an avid looker.LOL

Enjoy.  Beth

8 comments:

  1. This is so interesting! Where do you find things like shorthand textbooks and Victorian scrapbooks!? I want to thank you for your comment on my blog about "Fall Table" It is so appreciated. I am so fascinated by your work and am just entering the world of multiple layers with the journal pages at Fall Fearless and Fly. I have collected lots of stuff but still don't have a concept that comes to mind for doing many layers with whatever my design idea is about. It will come with practice ,I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the artsy feel to your vintage tag. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful use of what you found and the book spine must have been a treat to find. Fab tag! :0))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely tag and good use of materials found to hand. I love brown too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! A real show stopper here! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful artful tag Beth I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love this tag - really really cool :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely collection of interesting items brought together beautifully, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!