Sunday 11 November 2012

Celestial

Hi Everyone,

Here is my tag for this weeks  theme 'Celestial'.


The finished tag looks very different to how it started. I had an idea in mind of how I wanted it to look but it wasn't going how I planned so it took a few layers to get to the stage were I was happy with it. The background is acrylic paint applied with a dry brush and splatters of white paint. I then used some sequin waste as a stencil in the bottom corner. The stars are stamped on with a homemade stamp and I  finished them off with a black Sharpie pen.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my tag.

Bye for now x




9 comments:

  1. A lovely sparkly little tag! I like the effect the sequin wast has had on the background. Nice colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colours and sparkly effect, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great piece of art work as far as I am concerned! It is visually delightful, and I love the sequin remnants! Gotta have that glitter. Although simple, it is very strong. Thank you for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, good morning!
    Thank you for your interest in what I do and for letting me know about the problem in my blog. I'm not very good about blog technology so I have to figure it out how to fix it.

    Thanks again and have an amazing day!
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very lovely Carol :0) Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tag - the background is beautiful - the little white splatters help to make it all look very milky way-ish! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the feeling of depth you were able to achieve in your tag. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tag, so many different techniques to give a very interesting design. Sequin waste, will have to use that sometime.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/