Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Letter I

Hi Everybody! 
Another lovely set of tags last week for H.

I is for Illuminated letter.
For my I tag I have made an illuminated letter I using photos from Lindisfarne Priory, which were taken by C &G tutor Shelagh Folgate. I played around with them and coloured them in with gel pens. I knew I would never be able to copy the Celtic patterns myself, they are so complicated!
I would like to work from the photos to do an embroidered textile some day, as I think it would look good in embroidery.


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful and so intricate Jane. I love celtic knot patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag, love the background patters. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea! Very nice tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag... Love the pattern.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Jane. I agree, this would make a great design for embroidery, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work again Jane. Yes, I would love to see it embroidered or what about quilting? Such a lovely design would lend itself to so much, I think you have coloured it beautifully. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour combination you have used in this Jane, I think it would make a lovely embroidery indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is totally gorgeous!! :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colours. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!