Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Tigers and Tails




 T is for Tigers and Tails
My Tag this week is all about Tigers and Tails . Did you know that some letters have  Tails?  The Tail of a letter is a diagonal line such as the one that comes off the Q or a Y. The descending, often decorative, diagonal stroke on K or R is the Tail.
The descenders on f, g, j, p, q, and y are also called Tails.


On the left side of my Tag is a drawing of a Tiger to go with my calligraphy piece this week, Tiger Tiger burning bright by William Blake.  The stripes of my Tiger were made with a broad nib pen,  tinted with coloured pencils,  On the right side I have  written 'Letters with Tails K Q R f g j p q y', with the word Tails and the various letters written in gold ink.  This doesn’t show up too well in the photo!  To finish it off I have made a Tie with several Tiger coloured Threads.
Thank you for all your sweet comments last week, looking forward to Taking a look at all your T Tags.    
Bye for now,

Love Jane xx

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful work again! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Love the tiger face-- very regal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tag - I adore tigers and also love the poem you have chosen. I wish I could draw - fab tiger! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just superb Jane, love all the elements you have put together. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your calligraphic skills are amazing. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore looking at your tags. You are so clever and creative with your calligraphy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the gold ink this week!. The tiger is really good as well.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work, Jane! The tiger drawing is really lovely.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tis indeed a Tremendous Tag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful--what lovely lettering!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!