Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Letter X is for Christ

"Chi" is the Greek name for the letter "X," as well as the initial used for the name of Christ, whom they call Xpiotós.  No, I don't speak Greek, but growing up as the son of an Episcopal Bishop you learn these things.  LOL!

You may recall that last week I used the Tim Holtz cabinet dies and the stripes embossing folder to make the scrap plastic frame for my Letter W Tag.  Being a thrifty and environmentally conscious artist, I layed the inner cut over a hand painted church bulletin to make this week's tag foundation.  I like the depth it gave the tag.  I drew and watercolored a small Christ and fuzzy cut it.   I attached Him along with a small label and three Martha Stewart star gems to the tag.  As a finishing touch, I tied some ribbons and rickrack as toppers.



I want to thank those of you who took the time to leave a message on last week's post.  They mean a lot to me and encourage me to continue to create.  May the peace of the Lord be with you!

14 comments:

  1. Very nice tag you've made for us this week!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful choice! A lot of people don't know that is how we get the "Xmas" abbreviation for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about x for Christmas! This is a beautiful tag, I love your painting of Christ and the use of the cabinet card. Fabulous x choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wash of color over the bulletin and the textured stripes. The shape is perfect too--reminds me of a stained-glass window.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! I love the 'x's that everyone is coming up with. Kudos to you for using your extra bits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag and a very interesting read as well - love the way your tag base looks, might have to pinch that idea! Keep on creating :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, I love the stained glass effect and Christ's funky robes! great recycling, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply Beautiful, Love the background colours & the wonderful image is coloured beautifully... Love it!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great Arnoldo! And I love the way you re-purpose items too.
    I am finding all these amazing X tags so very educational too! I have learnt something from everyone of them so far! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful and inspiring tag, Arnoldo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely tag, Arnoldo. How appropriate to use a church bulletin as background It has very delicate feel.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colourful and meaningful tag x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!