Tuesday 4 June 2013

V is for ......

Vase
in Vandyke stitch

A simple tag decoration this week as there was only one stitch but such a beautiful stitch to do, 
The vase shape was cut from pink silk and the stitch then worked over the top.


 I like the raised effect it creates, its very tactile.
I have been thinking a bit about what I might do with all my stitched tags. Kevin has suggested that I put them on a canvas and hang them in the dining room. When I started out on the little project it was my intention to make them into little book I'm still undecided, perhaps once they are complete and I see them all together it will all become clearer.
 ****
We are having some beautiful weather here in Fife it's so nice to see the sun out all day, looking forward to sunny days in our caravan :)


11 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Fab magenta color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag, I would be interested to see your tags framed, I think that would be like a modern sampler! I love this colour. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful embroidery again! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your is van dyke stitched vase is very striking - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colour and I love the stitch! When my eye first caught sight of your tag I thought it was a very fitted dress on a curvaceous lady!!
    Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful effect - I've never heard of Vandyke stitch but it's gorgeous and looks very complicated. I bet all your tags together must look amazing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Su-uch a pretty tag Yvonne. The vase shape is lovely :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with your beautiful tags Yvonne. They are a work of art and I think Kevin is right - they would make a fabulous display.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is my favorite tag in your series thus far. The springy colors are fabulous, and the unusual textures mesmerizing. I don't know if you're taking votes, but I agree that they would look good framed. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful stitching, an unusual stitch. I agree with the others, your tags will look lovely framed together as a sampler, I'm looking forward to seeing them together, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely tag. I especially like the fabric square with the V and the fuschias. What a nice banner your fabric tags will make!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/