Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Letter Z

Bonjour from sunny France (at last!)
Wow - here we are - the final letter of the alphabet - where has the time gone?  Isn't it lovely to see so many new players with such fantastic tags!  I seem to have chosen a pretty popular theme for my Z tag - ZIP.  Still playing with my craft robo (some of you asked me what it is - its a computerised plotting and cutting machine - an alternative to die cutting) I cut the black teeth for the zip from black card and glued them to a piece of twill binding (I made that name up - what's it really called?)  I cut the two dress forms on my machine and the letters ZIP - et voila!  The tags are held together with a book ring.  Am off to sneek a peek at the other Z's.  Have a good week.  Hope you are all looking forward to the new themes.
A bientot - hugs - Carolyn xx

16 comments:

  1. A terrific tag and a great shape to chose to show off your zip

    Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag, a lovely 'Z'! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done - love the zipper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zippadeedoodah! Fab tag Carolyn :D Sounds like a very clever fandangled machine :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! So clever how you made those teeth!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. From one zipper to another! I'm so impressed that you actually made your zip - cutting out all those teeth too! I cheated and used a real one I'm afraid. Lovely tag and I always love to see dress forms in art.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever, and "twill binding" sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love one of those machines! Beautiful tag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dress form zipper tag is adorable! I love to sew--I think this is one of my favorites today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost did something very similar. I like the added touch with the extra dress form hanging from the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great shape for a tag and the zip looks so real! I really love this tag! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so impressed with the zip you actually made yourself, thats awesome. Lovely shaped tag as well.
    And yes, we did get a couple of days of sunshine, lol, but now we are back to rain again here in Bourgogne.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant tag - love the zip set against the dress form, really cool :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd call it twill binding too! That looks like a clever gadget you've got there, love the contrast of black on pink, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Classy looking tag, Carolyn!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!