Tuesday 2 July 2013

Z is for .........

Zip! of course 
a fitting ending tag for my alphabet of stitch tags
in 'Zig Zag' chain stitch
and that zips it up for me!
 I have had so much going on over the last week that I haven't had any time to decide on how I'm going to display my stitch tags, I did lay them out on a canvas
It's not a good day here for taking photographs, a bit dull and rainy, but this is just to give an idea of how they might look, the background fabric is a pale, mint green. I think I might need a bigger canvas, I think they look a bit too close together, I may still go for the book idea, my thoughts on this being that I could carry it in my project bag and use it as reference and a reminder of all those other lovely stitches that I should use more often in my projects.
I have really enjoyed working on the A-Z theme with stitches, some more difficult and time consuming than others but it's been fun. Im really not sure right now if I'm going to continue with Tag Tuesday it's really so difficult to decide, I enjoy joining in but it is a commitment and I dont want to say yes and then find it difficult to keep up with so many other projects on the go. On the other hand I know there is a waiting list and I feel perhaps it's time to let someone else take part.

17 comments:

  1. Ohh, I would miss your work terribly if you decided not to continue! :( but you must do what is right for you of course Yvonne *hugs*
    Your collection is amazing to look back on and would make a beautiful display but I do agree with you about a book being a portable reference for you. And of course easy for others to admire too ;) Your Z for Zip is as wonderful as all of your other tags and the Zig-Zag stitch is the perfect stitch for it. :0) Mo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wonderful tag, you have a great collection there! I hope very much that you will stay with us here! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is lovely and they all look so well together. I love the idea of a book, but I am biased as I love making little books:)
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you did the zip with chain stitch - so clever! The image showing all of your tags is wonderful - so much beautiful work and effort and I love anything to do with textiles.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at your lovely tag collection! Your Z is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! Nice to see them all together too. I've enjoyed your series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh such a fabulous set, they look amazing! They will give joy for years to come, your theme has been wonderful. I hope you stay! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your tags layed out together really looks like an awesome art piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun to see all your tags together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tags look amazing together and the zip one is so well thought out

    chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A super tag to finish off your series! I think the book idea is great. Please stay - we would miss you! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!!! What a collection! They look awesome together, such an amazing display.
    And no no no, you can't stop playing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh don't they all look amazing together?! I really hope you stay with us as your tags are always an inspiration, but of course it is difficult when you have lots of stuff you want to fit in ... fingers crossed! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful work, really, just beautiful. I enlarged your photo of all your fabric tags and had a good ol' nosey just stunning. Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another beautiful stitched tag, I have really enjoyed your series of stitches and learned some new ones, thank you. When you first mentioned framing your tags, I imagined a very long, narrow frame with the tags placed side by side. This would definitely not be very convenient to keep in your bag! I love the book idea, especially as you inspired me to ditch the framed idea and do a book. I hope you don't leave Tag Tuesday; I felt just the same about giving someone else a chance to join - and I have now decided to join in every now and again if there's a theme that really takes my fancy. Hopefully that'll let me catch up on a few projects I've been putting off! I'm looking forward to doing some sewing, it'll be lovely to see more of yours too, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely Z tag, Yvonne! Your embroidered alphabet has been fab! Your collection looks great all put together. Hope you carry on with Tag Tuesday, but it is sometimes important to change tack to refresh creativity.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You must feel so good to have finished and have an alphabet of stitches!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/