Monday, 5 August 2013

Travel

I have to admit that I'm not too happy with this tag - it just wouldn't come out right! In the end I collaged a whole sheet of rub-ons together on a map background torn from an old atlas -


I layered up some diecuts, added some labels, stamps and chipboard, a few words and a ric-rac trim - then I realised that I could go on adding stuff for ever and I would still not be happy with the result - so I decided to stop!

Isn't it weird how sometimes things just come together and sometimes they ust don't! :o)

Thanks for looking anyway - can't wait to see what you've all come up with! :o)xxx

7 comments:

  1. I think your tag is pretty cool-- love the papers sticking out. And I know what you mean about projects sometimes not cooperating and taking on a life of their own (but only the artist knows that!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Diane. It looks like you have quickly grabbed a bundle of exciting mail on your way out to another adventure!
    Sometimes I put things aside....for a long while before they end up at a home - even if it's torn into tiny pieces and used for paper making :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're being far too harsh on yourself Annie. I love the whole tag. I think it has a look of gathered travel documents put onto the table before you leave the house * the colours coordinate perfectly. It's awesome! :0))

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great tag and the quote is very true

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! You captured the excitement of traveling. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well i like it a lot! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh how sweet you all are - thank you so much for your encouraging words! :o)

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!