Wednesday 11 September 2013

"Mother & Child"

This weeks theme halted me for a little while, (all week actually), but yesterday I finally decided what I was doing, worked on it before school was out and then in the evening and this morning. Very happy with the result. I hope you like it too.

The image was found via google which I traced, copied onto card, coloured & embossed & then stamped a little on it too. I added foam dots to raise it up on the tag.
I then made a light background on the textured tag with a polka dot mask and stamped my home made tree. I created the sentiment, 'With strong roots, you can choose how to grow', (inspired by Mr Miyagi of Karate Kid 2) and the rose is shrink plastic. My tie is some lace and the ribbon is coloured the same as my mother & child.
I have booked myself to view all the gorgeous tags I've had a wee peek at aleady, this evening. Snacks at the ready, haha ;)
Have a happy & healthy week and I look forward to seeing all your 'Wings' tags next week.*hugs* Mo x

13 comments:

  1. Very nice-- lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag Mo, I was expecting a Mummy Bus and a Baby Bus....this is just wonderful! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific tag and a wonderful quote to add to it

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you've used your Google image - so clever. A perfect quote too.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, especially the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mo your quote is perfect for your image Mo and the greens of course allude to Mother Nature. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great minds think alike. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colours and I adore your little rose - I am never very successful with shrink plastic - you'll have to give me lessons! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely sentiment, this is a lovely tag Mo, especially the rose! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful-and so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty and with lovely meaning behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Original idea, and I love the colour combination.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. the silhouette is a great effect! xo

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/