Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Mother and Child

I chose to use an animal mother and child combination. I drew the mother and baby giraffe and then used colored pencils and markers to enhance the drawing. I cut them out and glued them on a background that I created with alcohol ink and yupo paper. The foreground leaves are also painted with alcohol ink on yupo paper. I have been meaning to try the alcohol ink/yupo paper technique for a while and I enjoyed it. Detail work is extremely difficult but the colors and flow are really fun and unique. Unfortunately, the photograph did not capture the very vivid colors.


14 comments:

  1. This sooo cute Martha and the leaves are fabulous. What is Yupo paper? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mothers come in all shapes and sizes for sure! Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Martha. We had a newborn giraffe shown on out news here last night. All wobbly legs,huge eyes and the mum was nuzzling just like your lovely drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love giraffes and these two are beautifully composed and coloured Martha. A wonderfully tender 'scene.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love your tag. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - I always have a soft spot for giraffes! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaah! Just love giraffes and these two are gorgeous! Yes, what is Yupo paper? Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your choice of subject, I love giraffes, must be their beautiful eyes! Great tag. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yupo paper is a very slick paper, 100% polyproplene.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag, Martha. Absolutely love your colour combination. I hadn't come across Yupo paper before, will have to investigate!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful drawing.Love it,makes for a darling tag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a sweet image! lovely tag. xo

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!