Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Tattered and Torn

Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry I missed last week (I won't bore you with the details. but my excuse involves a couple of hectic weeks culminating in a totally Unexpected Weekend) - I didn't have time for more than a quick peek at all your amazing work ... TAGALICIOUS!

Here's mine for this week ...



It started with a repurposed clothing tag, which I coated with modelling paste and coloured with two shades of Distress Ink - Shaded Lilac and Dusty Concord. Then I used a gel medium to add torn pieces of gauze, tulle and paper doily and finished with a cluster of flowers and a length of ribbon with frayed ends.

Then I decided to catch up on last week's theme, which was Beads, Buttons and Bows ...


Thanks for looking - now I can't wait to check out everyone else's intrepretations - it's always wonderful to see so may different interpretations of the theme :o)

18 comments:

  1. Very nice! So well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty and delicate tags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both pieces are so delicate and feminine without being 'girly'. I so love these little gems.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag with such a floathy feel to it. Love the other one as well especially the buttons

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty tags Annie they are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours and so pretty! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both tags have such lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the romantic and very feminine feel of your tags. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicate & Beautiful... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL! What scrumptious color. Love the gauziness of the the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beauty and simplicity! xp

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful - these colours and textures suggest faded beauty to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with everyone else, very beautiful indeed! X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love purple!! What an elegance to your tattered and torn look. I actually have trained my family never to throw away clothing tags until I have a look at them! ♥ Sandy Leigh

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!