Thursday 21 November 2013

Kings and Queens.

I was going to go all regal for this tag but then I remembered this stamp from Lost Coast designs I think, I have had it ages and can't recall if that is the right manufacterer, sorry. It has always been one of my favourites and I love their expressions. I aged the stamp with Vintage Photo DI and added crowns and jewels and then gave the 'King' an orb of a straw broom, then I hunted through my comment stamps and could just imagine her saying this to him!

002
I used a regal red background with gold crowns on and added a gold flourish.
Thank you all so much for the lovely comments you post for me. I love your different interpretations every week and am always amazed at the variety.
Hope you all have a good week. Hugs Barb. x

10 comments:

  1. Lovely tag, and a great stamp that you used - love their expressions! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this! Its quirky and fun! The crowns are fab. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it too-- American Gothic is one of my favorite paintings! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic tag and wonderful words

    Chrissie c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I think my expression would be similar if I had to wear an uncomfortable lump of metal on my head for hours too Barb!Love the quirkiness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always enjoyed this classic painting by American artist, Grant Wood. Your whimsical alterations make it so fun. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely idea for an unusual tag.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent tag Barb & I love the quote :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh boy do i love this! such an inventive idea and perfectly executed! xo

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/