Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Proverbs

Hello Everyone!
It is a dark and very rainy day here, so a good time for looking at our cheerful tags.
There are a lot of great proverbs to choose from, but the one that stood out for me was:
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"


I used my bird stamps and embossed them. The background is an old envelope with a paper bag on top. For the hand I used some painted up tissue paper. There is braid round the edges and washi tape. For the wording I used a banner from Graphics Fairy.
Here is a close up so you can see the birds.


11 comments:

  1. Love the collage look and all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great found elements for this tag and a lovely proverb. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great things to look at on this tag and a great proverb to chose

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the textures you've got with this and the colours meld together so well :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting how you have combined all the different elements - Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the texture the paperbag gave your background--what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful mixed media piece. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an interesting combination you have created for your tag Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very beautiful tag Jane and I love the proverb, thanks for your sweet comments on my blog.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like you've put in a lot of work here

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your artistic and colorful interpretation of this classic proverb. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!