Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Proverbs

I had a plan to do 'a stitch in time saves nine' and had all the bits and bobs ready and then I sat last night looking at my dear old man. Forty six years he's been in my life bless him and his name happens to be Jack, so then I thought...no contest! So here is my tag for - every Jack has his Jill!

011
I embossed a tag with a heart folder and then used Vintage Photo DI. then I found an old image of Jack and Jill and enclosed it in an ornate frame that I inked up. A red rose for true love, a wooden heart painted gold with a heart brad in the center, and then the words. Finished off with a rip of red sari silk. In honour of my Jack, who has always helped me carry my bucket of life!
Your proverbs are splendid, what a good theme this week, I am really enjoying looking at them all! x

12 comments:

  1. Very appropriate! Cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely images and a very nice proverb to chose

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag, and no better reason for using that saying! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Barb. quite romantic of you too I think :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little image is precious--love the frame around it, also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tribute to your husband! Love the idea - hadn't heard this before. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this is precious! love it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb what a delightful story for a delightful tag. I hope your Jack is around for a lot longer too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet and thoughtful wife you are. The design is very charming and like the symbolic touches that you added. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely - my name (Gilli) and my sister is Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun tag, perfect for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tag, Barb, and your write-up put a smile on my face--which has been hard to do lately!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!