Friday, 20 December 2013

Starry Night and Christmas Tag Swap

I love the tags I received in this year's Christmas Tag Swap! What a talented bunch of taggers we have here on Tag Tuesday. Let me show you the tags I received, in no particular order.

This fabulous chunky star tag was made by Julia from Occasionally Vintage Crafts -




Next, Shane from Roses, Lace and Brocante made this beautiful glittery Santa Claus tag -




And how about this darling tag Laurie from Indulge Your Shelf made for the swap -





I love the traditional colours, delicate gold detailing and sweet graphic Chrissie from Jumbled Crafts used on her beautiful tag -




And Carolyn, Love Stitching Red, used the most amazing rich red yarn to trim her gorgeous Season's Greetings tag -




Thank you so much, Carolyn, Chrissie, Laurie, Shane and Julia for these  beautiful Christmas tags. They have joined my collection of tags from Bloggy friends, and I love looking at them.

This is one of the tags I had made for the swap -




The theme for this week's Tag Tuesday tag was STARRY NIGHT. I don't know why, but I had real trouble coming up with workable ideas for this tag. Things didn't quite work the way I wanted, lol. The silver ink didn't show enough on the dark blue background, I couldn't get white ink, and all sorts of other little problems kept cropping up. In the end I made a slightly 3D 5-pointed star, painted it gold, glammed it up with German glass glitter, and glued that to the background I had prepared, again, lol, for the third time -





Oooh, it is getting so close to the big day now, are you all excited, exhausted and extremely busy? Wishing you all the most wonderful time,
toodlepip xxx

6 comments:

  1. Terrific starry night tag! Thanks for sharing the swap tags too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful starry night tag and so lovely to see the ones you received in the swap

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tags are a wonderful gift - each so different. I love the washy watery background on your tag too! Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your swap tags a great treasures and your starry night tag is perfect Lululiz, the background is a beautiful colour. Merry Christmas :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the stars on your tag are wondrous. and such lovely gift tags you got in the swap! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out beautifully in the end - I love that gorgeous background effect and the 3-D star looks really cool. Happy Christmas :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!