Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Australia

Hi Everyone!
I hope you have had a good week. I did enjoy the DECAY tags, and was
amazed by some of the concepts behind them. I think that abstract subjects
seem to make us work on a different level, to come up with such original and well thought-out work.
For my Australia tag, I did a lot of thinking! It took me a while to produce a tag which represents Australia to me.  I have always wanted to go there, and maybe one day I will. I have always liked looking at maps, particularly old ones, and for the background I have used pages from a 1949 atlas ( found in a skip at my sons' school, when they were having a clear out!) , which has lovely images. Then I made a boomerang, an iconic image of Australia, decorated in my version of aboriginal dot painting. Some dotty tape makes a suitable frame!


11 comments:

  1. What a fun tag, love the dotted paper and the boomerang is perfect! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag with the dotty surround. I love old maps, and have a boomerang somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this is definitely says Australia to me .

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I have that dotty tape too, I love it, haha. Anyhoo, great minds, and all that; I did a boomerang too. I really like the artwork you did and the map background is a fab contrast :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a wonderful interpretation of the theme, well done! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those old atlases and reference books you can come across Jane. The iconic images you used on your tag are beaut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag - I love the dots! I'd have rescued the book too! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks folks! By the way I didn't use the original page from the atlas, but photocoped it!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, your boomerang is an icon, and the background of vintage maps work together to make a great tribute tag to Australia and our diverse culture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your lettering in the Aboriginal dot painting style. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!