Tuesday, 10 June 2014

The 1950's

Les Paul and Mary Ford recorded "I'm Sittin' On Top of the World"  in 1952.  As a little girl, I loved watching their television show--of course it was in black and white.  If you'd like a "blast from the past", please stop by my blog to hear the song HERE.

This is a digital hybrid card, using Gecko Galz papers and images.  After layering and printing, I used a black glaze pen on the outer space embellies.  I had to add those because of all the 1950's sci-fi martian movies!! I thought the "world" reinforced the song lyrics"just rollin' along".


I'll leave comments later this week.  The roses tags were gorgeous!  Helene

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic memories and images.Love the background paper.

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I used to love watching the old 50's sci-fi movies. Thanks for the memories. Great tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this tag! so much pizzazz! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag reminds me of the old TV and radio programmes. Lovely tag with a great image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag which captures the time so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super retro tag! Just love those outer space motifs! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cleverly portrayed :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun tag, with such lovely vibrant colours.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!