Tuesday, 10 June 2014

The 1950s



I was born in 1950 and devoid of any imagination this week, I decided to use a photo of myself about 5 months old - the photo was taken at City Studios in Townsville, Queensland, Australia  on 1 November 1950. I have used a photocopy of my original birth certificate ( reduced in size)  as the background.  I scanned the original photo and printed it then covered it with tea bag paper to give it an aged 64 year old look. As embellishments, I found  in my stash a little scrap booking metal set which somehow seemed to work, and an old  tatted motif ( Tatting must have been more popular in the 1950's?) So much fun going back in time...

10 comments:

  1. Oh, you were a sweet baby! Great idea with the birth certificate background, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful tag with a great personal feeling

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to take the more personal approach. Cute photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you used your birth certificate for the tag background. What a fabulous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a gorgeous baby you were! what a beautiful and effective tag. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tag, love the photo and the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the sweetest tag I've seen in a long time and one that could become a family heirloom. Every single detail you chose is perfect. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! How clever to use your birth certificate for the background. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I echo all previous comments. You have created a beautiful tag Wilma :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely, personal tag, Wilma.It is a great idea, and so well put together. I am sure it will be treasured by your family. It would be a good idea to make commemorative cards for important birthdays for family members.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!