Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Texture Tuesday

Happy Tag Tuesday! I hope you are feeling joyful and creative. And I hope you are just "feeling" because it's Texture Tuesday! I think some of the best tags are the ones where you can touch and feel all the mixed media goodness. 

As I try and keep my resolution to shop my stash more this year, I have made today's tag from scrapbook paper scraps basically. I diecut a big heart from some food packaging, embossed and painted it. Then added a fabric heart, and of course I had to have a cross-stitch heart (I keep a teeny tiny cross-stitch kit in my bag at all times and I'm always making those little hearts). I stitched it down at the sewing machine along with some ribbon, and then sewed on a button and edged my tag with ink and gelato. I am sure all of today's tags could be considered mixed-media tags, and that's something I could make every day, so fun. Hugs! --Sandy Leigh

9 comments:

  1. Terrific tag with great colours and textures

    Love Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely Leigh, and what a good idea to keep a wee stitching project handy :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful tag and has a feel of valentines about it too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely textures on your mixed media tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this - it almost has the feel of an old fashioned sampler!
    Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tags! Great techniques and that's awesome that your using your stash. Using my stash is something I have a hard time with, especially now with all of the yummy things coming out after CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the little cross stitched heart, it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely use of your stash bits and beautiful mixed media layers x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!