Tuesday 20 January 2015

Texture Tuesday

Texture is one of my favourite things. I used texture paste, and puff paint through a stencil, and heated it to puff up the paint. I painted the whole tag with gesso to seal the surface. I then painted the tag with some new paints ( Pebeo Moon) one of my daughters bought me for Christmas. This was their first outing, so I wasn't sure how they would react. They can be used on all surfaces, especially hard surfaces like metal, wood, clay, canvas, glass etc. As mine was card I wasn't sure they would work. The paint sort of mixes the colours itself, and gives an enamel like finish. Took ages to dry, so it was as well I made this last week. I hope the scan shows it up properly.
I added some friendly plastic butterflies to finish it off.



10 comments:

  1. Very beautiful tag and some great products and techniques to ass the textures

    Love Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful Wendy, I can really see all the texture. And like all great minds, we thought alike with three butterflies :o))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag looks gorgeous. Thanks for showing Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tag is great and has such a 'mysterious' feel to it for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love butterflies and this is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - this is stunning! I am sure you will be playing with those paints again soon! Such interesting textures highlighted by the lovely shimmery finish.
    Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag! I love all of the techniques you used! Super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous mix of textures, and those paints, wow, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really wonderful effects with the puff paint and stencilling ... beautiful textures x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/