Wednesday 25 February 2015

In the Style of

Hi, everyone! I had a great time with the theme for this week! I googled famous artists and got a rather long list of names. I scrolled down and saw the name Peter Carl Faberge. Right away, I knew that I wanted to create a decorative egg in the style of a Faberge egg.


I always have a bunch of sprayed tags on hand and I thought the colors of this one looked good with the blue patterned paper of the egg. I added gems and pearls, stamped a base on golden paper and then pop dotted those to the tag. A golden crown was also added.
Check out Wikipedia if you would like to see pictures of the gorgeous Faberge eggs and read about the artist. Have a good week!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag. I saw a collection of those eggs at an exhibition some years back, the were wonderful! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific tag and I just love the Faberge style egg

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea, wonderfully executed :o))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty tag! I love the urn stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely idea - a pretty egg on a fabulous inky background.

    Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice and beautifully done.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful tag, what a great idea to do a faberge egg - hey this would be a brilliant idea for easter cards too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, a beautifully bejewelled Faberge egg! Excellent.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/