Tuesday 2 August 2016

Celebrations

Hi Everybody!

Happy August!

Our theme is celebrations, which I chose, and then I sat here and had no idea
what I should celebrate....In the end I decided to celebrate LIFE, which we only get once, so I think we should celebrate it and enjoy it as much as we can. I made a figure like the Nanas of Niki de St Phalle, a French artist who designed over-dimensional figures, many of which were huge ladies, who always seemed to be enjoying their lives. This is one which can be found in Hanover:


And here my tag:


Have a good week, have fun, celebrate!

Valerie

8 comments:

  1. Love your take on it! Why not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is fabulous... maybe I'm biased because it probably looks like me in a swimsuit LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic tag. I love the nanas because they show BIG women and not the skinny diet crazies of today! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the theme, I wouldn't dare wear a bikini now. I think it's called middle age spread, even though I'm past the middle age bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know all about that! I've passed middle age spread and am entering senile decline! It's not good for a bikini either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh! I adore the sculpture and your tag. yes, these are bountiful celebrations of life indeed and I love it. here's to life! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Nanas! I remember you did an excellent series of posts with them ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this wonderful vibrant tag!! ♥

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/