Tuesday 27 March 2012

Easter Eggs

I spent the weekend thinking what I could make with eggs so I could use the egg shells - so it was egg sandwiches for lunch on Saturday! I created the background with a watercolour pencil, which I added water to, after colouring. I prefer the effect to just using water colour, or just pencil! The chick is made from a yellow duster (unused!) with card eyes and a craft foam beak. The shell is obviously egg shell stuck onto card. I wondered about writing Happy Easter on the bottom but decided on a trail of chicky footprints instead. I think this little fella is about to jump out his egg and find some friends! Love all the tags I've seen so far - what an amazing and creative bunch we are. Can't wait to see what else appears!

9 comments:

  1. What a clever idea with the egg shells, a very pretty tag x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! And I think you get the recycling award this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, brilliant idea to use the egg shell!...sweet little tag:)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always come up with a good one Jo.
    Lynn
    One I Made Earlier Today

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good idea, love how you have re-used the eggshells! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ingenious! Such a cute lil chicky popping out of your lovely egg x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute! Love it! Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great! especially the little footprints along the bottom, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/