Thursday 22 March 2012

Goosey

Hello Everyone, Jane here in Berkshire where spring is starting up.
I couldn't seem to get inspiration for the Goosey theme. Despite living only a few minutes walk from the River Thames,where there are lots of water birds, I couldn't get started on ducks or geese, funny really when all I had to do was to go down and look at them! Maybe it is because I am so familiar with them and there are so many possibilities for the theme.
However once I went to Homebase (DIY store) and found some paint charts, the solution came to me, and I spent a happy time cutting them up!
For my tag I used a Soulcal tag (I am the mother of teenage boys, who knew they could contribute to my art!), covered it in a light layer of gesso and collaged Duck Egg colours to it. You will notice that by sheer chance the tag itself has duck egg blue at the bottom.
Fab tags last week, sorry didn't get chance to comment, as one of the teenagers was home sick, and we were sharing the computer.


9 comments:

  1. I love it - inspired idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very hip! Good blue choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant tag! I LOVE those paint strips. My son was horrified when I collected a handful..thought i was shoplifting! Funny how boys don't appear to know what you're doing, but can always surprise you - one of mine came back from brighton with a lovely 'i do like to be beside the sea side' tag!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your tag Jane, it is very original. Thanks for popping over to mine.
    Lynn
    ONE I MADE EARLIER TODAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab idea to use paint charts...and a recycled tag...You get some fab tags on clothes nowadays..I'm always recycing them from my teenage boys clothing!! ;)
    Love how you have used the 'Duck egg blue' as your take on this theme :)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tag, and a great idea to use paint charts, yesterday I was at a rival DIY store taking wallpaper samples with tags in mind, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your take on this weeks theme. Very original. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Inspired thinking for this theme - like your approach a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. clever idea to use th eapint chip and the duck egg blue was meant to be...:)

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/