Wednesday 21 March 2012

goosey


once again, this week's challenge required a bit of thinking since i am not that familiar with geese. however, i am familiar with the color since it, together with robin's egg blue, is one of my favorite colors. those of you who have followed my blog know that my house is invaded with this color.
i have always equated it with the color of peace. tranquil waters, cleanliness, beautiful skies, nature walks and my favorite color in flowers too.
so i chose the color rather than the literal goose theme as carolyn had given us an option.
i painted on a black background and hand scripted with a very thin brush. i colleged the painted and snipped feather to it as an afterthought since i thought it lacked something. then i created a little vignette for it, as carolyn often does, with a few odds and ends i picked on my seaside walk yesterday.
hoping this brings you peace.

11 comments:

  1. This really is a tranquil tag, thank you for your wishes for peace, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully created. I love the way you set the scene. Using feathers in he paint is so ingenious.
    I x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely tag. The colours and textures make it for me.
    Lynn
    ONE I MADE EARLIER TODAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with all your sentiments on the colour duck egg blue. It is a favourite of mine too. I love the tag and the presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job! And you are right-- blue is very calming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this colour too (my home is also invaded with shades of duck egg blue!)
    Your tag is gorgeous!!...and beautifully displayed in the photo too :) Love it!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful use of the lovely colour - a very 'peaceful' tag x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very restful. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you - your tag does speak of peace. Inspirational approach to this weeks theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful tag- very restful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautful tag and indeed vignette.... i love it and thank youso much for all your kind words too...:)

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/