Friday 27 April 2012

Purple.


Iv'e been working extensively in Purple this past month as this is the wedding theme colour for my Son's Wedding on Saturday so consequently have quite a pile of off cuts left over.
I cut a tag shape from cardboard and matted with polka dot paper which I then distressed around the edges using my handy T.H. distressing tool. I then inked the resulting rough edge with a promarker pen. The buttons are made from shrink plastic and coloured with the same promarker before shrinking down. The bow is made from paper and is made believe it or not from a 3" square of paper. The tutorial for it can be found here. It is a bit fiddly at first but you do get the hange of it quickly and as Helen emailed and said Practice makes perfect!
The flower is from the mammoth rose production undertaken which I will be posting about  on my blog. Centre tag is a Kaser craft journal tag that I treated myself to.


6 comments:

  1. Well done on your tag and I hope you have a lovely time at the wedding
    Lynn
    One I Made Esrlier Today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Mrs A on finding time in what must be a very hectic life at the mo' to show us all this lovely tag'

    Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty tag..love the flower...Hope all goes well for your sons wedding this weekend, Have a lovely day!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am surprised you have manged to take part in the challenge this week. Thanks for the link on how to make the bow, it looks very complicated. Hope the wedding goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag, love the tiny buttons and flower. Hope the wedding went well. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely little tag Mrs A, Purple was the theme for our wedding too in 2009. The bodice of my wedding dress was Aubergine

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/