Thursday 26 April 2012

Purple

Hi Everyone, Jane in a wet and stormy Berkshire here.
I am late in posting this week as I have been very busy, a case of life getting in the way of art.

Great tags last week! I look forward to Tuesdays!


For my purple tag I have made a confection in purple. I went through my stash and found some lovely silk waste, in hues of dark purple and magenta. Using some purple felt as my base, I stitched the silk, some organza ribbons and some pieces of machine-stitched chiffon left over from an earlier project. For the backing I used some clever recycling of a cardboard strip  which held lavender sachets, and still had adhesive left when these were removed-all I had to do was cut it to size and then glue on the felt!
It was photographed on the pastel drawing I am working on for my art class this week, which happens to be of a garden with lots of purple flowers in it!
  
Enjoy all the purple tags!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, it's raining drought here in Wiltshire too! Beautiful tag, I love all the materials you have used x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raining in Rossendale Lancashire too, but your lovely tag has brightened the day. Well done Jane.
    Lynn
    One I Made Earlier Today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its raining here in Dorset too! What drought?
    Pretty tag and clever recycling, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Jane. How clever to incorporate so many things, including photographing it on your own artwork.

    Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shades of prurple. I hope we get to see your finished pastel drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tag Jane, isnt it great when you can find everything you need from your scraps and recycling and yes I would love to see your finished pastel drawing too, lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/