Tuesday 24 April 2012

Purple




 Purple is my favourite colour, so there was no shortage of ideas for this week’s tags. In the end my main tag was made mostly from bits and pieces found on my table, although I dyed a few white flowers with silk paint. I used paper flowers, ribbon roses, textile daisies, a silk carrier rod, purple tape measure, embroidery thread bobbins, a button, and a butterfly.  They were all mounted onto a tag of lilac silk  backed onto felt.
This set of tags started as the result of experimenting with the water misting technique that Norma shared with us last week.  I also made tags using some other watercolour effects that were in my sketchbook, including bubble printing, sponging, using  masking fluid and  cling film.  They are all tied together with ribbon so I can add more samples to them to make a little book of watercolour techniques.

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, they are much appreciated.  I just know that I am going to enjoy looking at all your wonderful purple creations,
Love Jane xx

11 comments:

  1. LoVe how you used the bobbIns. I always like to look in my box of bobbins to pick colours for a projects. Watercolour experiments look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great tags - I love the water-misting effects - I've been meaning to have a go too since seeing Norma's post last week. I really like the way you've used the little cards of embroidery thread - lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous details, all those great embellishments! I also love your idea of keeping a record of different water colour techniques in a little booklet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely composition. Well done.
    Lynn
    One I Made Earlier Today

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the bobbins, lovely purple tag x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A clever idea using those bobbins. Your water misting tag looks interesting, I must go and find the post you mentioned as I missed out on looking at everyones tags last week due to computer problems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this one!! And the set of tags you "experimented" with are very pretty too! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Great tag Jane. You put me to shame with your artistic interpretations.

    Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab tag...love the embroidery cards and tape measure and all your other purple embellies :)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/