Tuesday 24 April 2012

Purple

'Ode To Purple'
If you know me you will know that purple is a favourite of mine,
and I'm drawn to using it a lot in my work.
I love purple and I enjoyed sifting through my stash of
purple fabrics, ribbons, buttons & beads to make this little sparkly tag

I used Two layers of purple cotton velvet a piece of distressed satin edged organza ribbon
This created some interesting areas to add beads and embroidery.
I made a cord for the tie from the Caron variegated embroidery thread
Tag: Cotton velvet
Embellishments: Organza ribbon, shell heart button,
glass seed beads, crystals, pearls, french knots and bullion knots.
Tie: Embroidery thread twisted cord.

12 comments:

  1. It's lovely Yvonne. The beadwork is very tasteful. Well done.
    Lynn
    One I Made Earlier Today

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really tactile. I love all the different elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes..all of the above.Lots of different textures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the richness of this tag, wonderful creation

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of lovely embellishments and very purple. What a lovely tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sumptuous, beautiful tag - the colours are so rich and the textures just make me want to touch it! Really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic tag, so richly embellished and so interesting with the different layers and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really rich, regal tag, I love it! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous, love all the rich layers, beads and embroidery, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love, love, LOVE this tag Yvonne!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/