Tuesday 17 April 2012

Spring Flowers



While I was on Spring Break, I was doodling and made this picture of an umbrella overflowing with all sorts of exotic and nonexistent flowers.















I really loved it, so I decided to base my Spring flower tag on it. I worked really hard and carefully to create a faithful, tiny reproduction of an umbrella, blue with a white pole and blue handles. Then I created a pink tag with silver, glittery raindrops running down the piece. Next, I made lots of Spring flowers, gladioli, poppies, pansies, daffodils, calla lilies, impatiens, tiny leaves and vines - all by hand (hey, I'm somewhat housebound and very bored...). Then I filled the umbrella with a huge assortment of my flowers. I love it but unfortunately, I put in so many flowers that you can't see the umbrella, except for the handle. I guess that's what happens when you're into over the top designs.
There's a picture of the final tag and a closeup of the flowers.
Yay, Spring!

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful tag. love the colourful flowers! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a stunning tag Martha and well worth all the work you have put into it. I like how the umbrella just peeps out. Your flowers are wonderful well done.
    Lynn
    One I made earlier today

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too special, clever you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing tag! Stunning flowers. xx
    p.s. I love your doodles too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what exquisite work - it's absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! Your doodle is fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, your doodles are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, not only is your doodling amazing..your Spring tag is stunning too, the little handmade flowers are brilliant..Well done!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lot of beautiful work! Really lovely tag x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning tag! So exuberant.love combining drawing with the other 3d flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have captured the joy of Spring so well - congratulations, a really special tag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. An amazing tag, so many tiny flowers, love the sparkly raindrops and the quote on the banner too, its so true that we need these showers to get everything growing! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/