Tuesday 17 July 2012

Sea birds

Our home in the UK is in beautiful 1066 country, Sussex, not far from the sea at all. Sea gulls everywhere, and although they are lovely to watch when they are in flight over the sea, they are a menace. Incredibly bold, dangerous, greedy, and creators of the biggest mess when they raid rubbish bins etc. But they are part of life by the sea. 





For this tag I used part of a photograph I took of beach huts in Bexhill, a piece of driftwood for the post, a cut out of a sea gull on top, holding some seaweed ( strands from a green tassel ), and of course Distress Stickles for the sand. This is a very 3dimensional tag.

Tehehehe, I hope you are thoroughly impressed that I am actually posting the tag on the first day, almost unheard of, lol, but I prepared a couple tags before I left England for France and took the photos there.

So looking forward to seeing what all of you will come up with.

Toodlepip xxx

19 comments:

  1. You captured this weeks theme really well. It's a great tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From a fellow Sussex resident(I live in Brighton but I still count myself a Sussex. Resident! ) I completely agree about the seagulls! Great tag, love the driftwood, and the 'beady eye' quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous dimensional tag, I can even smell the sea looking at it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag! I was really attacked by seagulls here in Germany, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the various textures you have created... The driftwood is the perfect post for your sea gull, on a keen look out for the next morsel of food! You have created such a beautiful beach scene - congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great - all the different dimensions - especially like how you did your bird on the post. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fab tag - I love the 3D effect, and I really like the photo of the beach hut - a really sunny, beachy colour! A great way to display it for photographing too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a big fan of the 3-D tags! (I guess that's why most of mine are in 3-D!) This is so creative and it really takes me to the beach! How wonderfully creative and beautiful!

    Best, Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! Looks so realistic!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous tag Liz, love all the lovely elements...especially the driftwood :)..Oh I agree with you about the pesky sea birds..had a bad experience with a gi-normous gull in Hastings once...I'm wary of eating my chips along the beach front now LOL!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic. I agree with your assessment of gulls. This tag perfectly captures the seaside. I love the driftwood and wished I had a piece for my tag because in my mind's eye, I saw this. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely seagull tag, even if they are a pest! Your bit of driftwood is just perfect for the post, great colours too, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love beach huts and seagulls and your tag!! Hope you are having fun in France!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely 3d tag, I can never find any driftwood when I visit a beach.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I guess Seagulls aren't as naughty where I've lived. Your tag is awesome and I love the different elements you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your piece of drift wood. Totally love the 3D effect. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you integrated an actual piece of driftwood into your design. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/