Tuesday 17 July 2012

Seabirds


Here at Tag Tuesday our theme this week is *seabirds*. My tag has been made from a strip of water colour paper, on which I painted the sky before adding the sand and water, for which I used torn strips of paper with edges inked in wild honey and blue jeans DI. The strips give the illusion of more depth. The deckchairs and beach huts have been stamped onto patterned paper and fussy cut before being fixed on. For the chairs I used foam squares to add more depth. The boat and the birds have been fussy cut and decoupaged, and then I added a conversation from gull to gull....




Have a good week you all, and thanks for visiting! Valerie

18 comments:

  1. Great one Valerie, love the colours and the humour! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a humorous and happy tag, Valerie. The composition of your tag creates such a sunny beach scene and I love these sea gulls with personality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha - I wonderful what they really do think. Great tag

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha - I wonderful what they really do think. Great tag

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tag - the colours are so vibrant and summery and the birds have a great 3D look. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tehehehe, love the tag, thats just what those pesky birds would be thinking. Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Valerie,

    When I first saw this (before I read the comments) I started to laugh because I could imagine these birds circling over me ready to "too" their business ! I love everything about this tag! Great job!

    Best, Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. How colorful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it Valerie...Sooo Bright, colourful and Fun!! Fab tag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fun tag, love the stripey beach-huts and how some bits go over the edge! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The orange and blue are great together! Fun tag, I love the cheeky seagulls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely bright and breezy tag! Great idea to include chatting seagulls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fun tag! love the choice of colours too, nice and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful tag. Happy and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous tag and a talking one at that! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great beach huts. I'm impressed by the torn paper and the inking (one for me to remember). Very funny convo from the seagulls :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great tag.Very colourful.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/