Sunday 15 July 2012

Swimming

I have been a bit busy this week as I taught all day Friday and have been manically preparing all week (which is a little odd as we were Zentangling) but I did not want to miss a week as I am loving the seaside themes.  So here is my beach hut tag


I decided to make a beach hut as they are tag shaped!.....and I love to see them all lined up in a row.  Particularly if they have pretty pastel colour schemes.  Its strange really as they are just garden sheds on the beach but some how they have the cute factor and I like them for it!

My tag is covered in strips of wood (card) which I weathered with white paint (not too much as I wanted my hut to be shabby chic!!) A border punch made pretty ...I think they are called eaves, but they could be facias!  A Tim Hitch Fastener makes a perfect door knob and I found a cute little key and seahorse charm in my stash.  I printed out the lifesaver ring and the very girly surfboard and coated them with glossy accents.  I added a small shell and some water bubble beads and I had the perfect button to make a resting place for a paper seagull just dropping in to see what is going on in the beach hut.  Anyone of a nervous disposition scroll no further as I am about to open the door to my beach hut to see what the seagull saw!

 Ha ha.....just had to include the good old british saucy postcard.  My beach belle is a few pounds slimmer as I had to squish her a bit to make her fit into my beach hut (if only it were that easy!!)  A cute towel made from a bit of ribbon and my beach hut was finished.  I am off to see what goodies have been posted this week!

I used an old Heidi Grace Paper for my photo background and it was just perfect - the clouds are fluffy to the touch (I am not sure that it shows in the photo).

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments last week - You lot have got a sweet tooth I think!

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag Helen! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, such a lot of tnought put in. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Swimming beauty and her designer hut. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the surprise behind the door of your beautiful beach hut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful...style and humor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your lady in the hut!! Wonderfully creative, with a touch of saucy humor!! Love it!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beach hut was great on the outside, with all its embellishments, but then what a surprise, fantastic! great fun, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful and great idea for a tag...love whats behind the door lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is totally adorable! I love that your beach belle is such a hottie in her bikini!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic tag, with great techniques - I love the surprise of the bathing beauty behind the door.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely, fun tag - such a surprise behind the door! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/