Tuesday 23 October 2012

Stitched Seeds

This tag has been running around my head all week and today I finally got some time to make it.
For my seed heads and pods, I turned to my spice rack.
 Star Anise and Whole Cardamoms.
I used a star anise to print the fabric in my tag,
I don't want to go into the details here,
 if you want to read more about the fabric painting bit, I posted about it > here

I added a sweet vintage Mother of pearl button and some yellow organza ribbon to finish.
Thank you so much for all the lovely comments on my Anchor tag last week, 
I was quite taken aback by how much you all liked it :)
Looking forward to seeing what everyone does with this weeks theme.
Yx

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful work and composition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours Yvonne! It's a brilliant idea, really lovely :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty and very clever use of materials. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag Yvonne. I like the colours
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The seed pods look so pretty against your beautiful fabric, very nicely done :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty...Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My two favourite spices - cardamon and star anise - what a great tag. I can smell the lovely aromas from here! I love the star anise prointed fabric background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I have to tell you Wilma the aroma from this tag is divine!...it's the best bit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these spices, I can just imagine!! Just took a hop into your blog to see how you printed your fabric, thanks for sharing, must go back for another peek when I've got more time!Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really so very lovely. This brings with it thoughts of spiced Christmas decorations?
    Thanks for entering my giveaway. Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely tag, love the fabric you have used.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  12. So creative, I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love this - fantastic work! Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful tag, and beautiful work.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A really pretty tag. Who knew that seeds and pods could look this good!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/