Thursday 25 April 2013

P is for (French) Poissons

As we are at the cottage in France now, I thought I would use a French word this week. I picked POISSONS ( fish ). I used an illustrations from a very old French Larousse dictionary, a bit of dyed gauze, a snippet of dyed fish skin, a cut out fish or two, a little bit of vintage French trim and of course a few little sparklies here and there. Stamped POISSONS on the side, dang, that old paper soaks up ink like a sponge, so its a bit fuzzy -




Gotta get out into the garden now and start digging over the veggie patch. I have to make the most of the good weather, we had three days of sunshine but as from tomorrow we are looking forward to yet another week's worth of rain, hurrah :(. At least that will give me time to visit you all :-).
Toodlepip xxx

12 comments:

  1. Ein schönes Tag mit den vielen Fischen.
    Das gefällt mir super.

    Einen schönen Tag :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the jewel tones against the craft tag. I am not sure about the dyed fish scales - real ones? I guess it would at the dimension of smell to your pretty tag!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, the fish skin is real, but it doesn't smell at all fishy, it just smells like normal leather. I bought a bag of fish leather scraps from an Etsy shop a while ago and love the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! The rich blues really add!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tag great colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tag, but those fish leather scales do sound rather fishy....enjoy France, I'm trying not to be tooooooo envious! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fascinating tag Lululiz. The blues are simply gorgeous! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant tag, love the paper you found, colours are great. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tag! I really like the images you have used from an old dictionary. I have never heard of dyed fish skin before-dare I say, now I have seen everything! It is effective though.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. As you are all wondering about the fish skin leather, I thought I had better give you a link to the shop -
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/FineLeathers. Do read their shop announcement, where it tells you a little bit about the leathers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the background, its great to see the french names of familiar fish. Love the colours and embellishments esp sparklies, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fish illustration you used for the background. I love old illustration from dictionary. Great Tag Jules

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/