Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Fish

This tag just sort of created itself! I knew that I wanted to cross-stitch a tag, and the fish theme seemed like a good one to stitch up. BUT...had no idea beyond cross-stitching little fishies...no plan...no design. So I just started cross-stitching little fishies (by the way, I've been a cross-stitch-aholic for about 25 years) and I was having so much fun stitching little fishies, that I ran across this saying: You are not a drop in the ocean, you are the entire ocean in a drop.

Loved it!

I cross-stitched the words, and by then I was down to the wire in my busy week so I grabbed some sequins, some fun yarn, a felt backing, and went to the sewing machine! A few wavy stitches later, it felt very fishy.

On my way outside to catch the last of the day's light for a photo, I found a jar of shells and with a few glue dots I was finally there.

The best part is, I realized I had created an original cross-stitch--wow. The other best part is, I want to keep stitching these little colorful fishies! They are addictive. Maybe a fishbowl shaped tag? If only there was time. But I'll probably do one anyway.

Happiest of Tuesdays to everyone!

Cross-stitching on the aida cloth


13 comments:

  1. Amazingly beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative-- love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific tag with so much work to make it special

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks like a lot of stitching! Wonderful work and the saying is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely sentiment!
    I like artworks that make themselves :)
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome sentiment! Love the shells too..

    Happy Crafting
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I so admire needle work. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is a stunner. beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your colourful tag, so nicely embroidered and embellished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful embellishments and superior needlework on this tag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful stitchery. Love the colours :0)

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!