Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Swinging Through the Sixties

Oblivion

The Space Race,
The Cold War,
The Cuban Missile Crisis,
            and I was swinging...
Riots and sit ins,
Vietnam and civil rights,
"We shall overcome."
           and I was swinging...
  John F. Kennedy...
"The President has been shot!"
           and I was swinging
           and coloring
           and learning my ABCs.
Hippies and Mary Jane,
Woodstock,
The Beatles,
           and I was swinging...
 Bobby Kennedy,
Martin Luther King,
"...one giant leap for mankind."
           and I was taking one small step
    
           and swinging...

12 comments:

  1. That's a sweet take on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very colourful, wonderful image, fantastic poem :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a happy tag and a wonderful post. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thought-out post and tag. I really like the silhouette swinging image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and a wonderful tag

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The innocence of childhood! Great idea and a groovy tag! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was swinging in there with you! Fabulous tag and great poem. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Groovy, baby! Great tag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura your tag is perfect! I hope you still get to swing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet tag and a fantastic poem.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon!