Monday 18 June 2018

Gemini

Hi Everybody!

Thanks to all who entered our last challenge hosted by Joan. On Tuesday we are starting a new challenge hosted by our lovely Wilma, who has chosen the theme of 'Gemini'. Here she is to tell you all about it:



 'I chose the theme "Gemini" because  if you were born under this astrological sign  your birthday has been recent or will be soon - 21 May and 21 June.  I also thought it might be fun to see how all of the talented taggers who follow this blog might interpret a theme with a symbol of "twins".  I prepared two tags - both have book page backgrounds and I could hardly believe it when I pulled out an old book I keep for "text" and  the title  happened to be "The Gemini Contenders"!
The paper tag was made by transferring images from a laser print directly onto the background page, with the foreground of the twins transferred onto photocopy paper. I tried to glue stars in the shape of "Gemini", but that failed, so the stars are glued on randomly with a brush of gold Perfect Pearls over the top . The second tag is made from two machine stitched goddess shapes cut from felt with a few bead embellishments. I did try to make them twins, but as you can see, while the shape is the same, they do differ quite a bit, so I guess they are not identical twins...
Hope you enjoy creating a tag or two this fortnight  exploring the "Gemini" theme.
Best wishes, Wilma'




I am sure that Wilma's lovely tags will inspire you to join in, and I am looking forward to seeing what you create.
Have a great week!
Valerie




Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

9 comments:

  1. Two awesome tags and theme - I had fun with this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just magical.. Really looking forward to seeing how this theme is interpreted.
    Creative wishes and Happy Tag Crafting.
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous samples Wilma! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to everyone who has already posted a tag for Tag Tuesday - another week to go. Please visit all the participants in this challenge - the tags are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Tags Wilma..must admit the theme had me stumped for a while...x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tags and a super theme.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to other bloggers I was reminded of this challenge -some great inspiration here! Chrisx
    ps not sure if I linked correctly - seem to be going in circles

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/